IT Business Analyst
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Business Analyst will work closely with our clients’ key business process owners and the production team. Your role will be to analyze the business needs of the various sectors of activity in order to find, design and document possible solutions and implement optimal solutions that are in line with the orientations and technological choices made.
Starting date: To be determined
Job status: Permanent
Work schedule: Full time, 40 hours per week
Locations: Eastern Québec (based in Quebec City)
Western Québec (based in the Montreal Metropolitan Community)
- Analyze and model business needs, identifying issues and impacts on existing applications and processes.
- Analyze our clients’ needs without any commitment to a particular product (remain open to any solution, even non-IT / be able to leave the IT sphere if necessary).
- Carry out the analysis of the business requirements according to the needs.
- Contribute to the definition and prioritization of required functionalities.
- Participate in the estimation of development efforts for the realization of projects.
- Translate business requirements into stories for the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Administration or other education deemed relevant to the position.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a business analyst position.
- Extensive experience in leading joint application design sessions.
- Ability to diagram and represent concepts.
- Ability to see the business problem and solution from the customer’s perspective.
- Strong listening skills to understand business issues, analyze, synthesize and make recommendations.
- Ability to propose and defend innovative ideas that generate benefits for our clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team member with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability and ease in transferring knowledge and expertise.
- Desire to continually improve and enhance technical knowledge to keep abreast of new technologies.
- Demonstrate an analytical mind and ability to handle files that may have a high level of complexity.
- Demonstrate rigor and attention to detail to produce high quality work.
- Versatility, autonomy and ability to work under pressure on several files in parallel.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
You need to know before applying:
CyberCat is positioned as a recognized leader in custom mobile and web application development and implementation. We design custom solutions that contribute to the success of a wide range of businesses. For nearly 25 years, CyberCat’s multi-disciplinary team has been creating custom applications that support and enhance our clients’ productivity and growth.
Fully privately held, growing and enjoying an excellent reputation and financial health, our goal is to remain the best business partner for our clients and an exemplary employer for our team. CyberCat has always been visionary (and yes! we started in mobility in 1999 on PalmOS) and has been able to attract renowned clients such as Quincaillerie Richelieu, SAQ, Commonwealth Plywood, Sinto, Ameublement Tanguay, Maibec, Pâtisserie Michaud, etc. on complex and strategic mandates.
Here is what awaits you:
Be part of a team of 28 enthusiasts whose primary objective is to deliver concrete projects addressing real challenges for our clients. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team including programmer, UX / UI strategist, functional analyst, organic analyst, tester, project manager, support, technical director, who applies an Agile method with the constant support of a production manager.
At CyberCat we believe in teamwork, teleworking or face-to-face in compliance with the sanitary instruction of the day (Covid-19), in the choice of his workstation (Mac, Linux or Windows), at a very competitive salary, flexible working hours, social involvement and the fact that the pleasure of working is a necessity in order to remain creative and efficient.
Our modern premises offer ergonomic chairs and desks ( ask us how to work while standing!), exceptional lighting, rooms dedicated to formal and informal meetings, a rest area, a large cafeteria, refreshments included, an excellent coffee machine, indoor bicycle parking and a shower. Our office is easy to access, both from the south shore and from the north shore, at the corner of Henri IV and Hamel with the addition of easy and free parking including 2 exclusive terminals for CyberCat electric cars.