Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Manager works closely with our clients’ key project managers and the production team. Your role will be to manage projects and ensure that they respect the quality required, the budget allocated and the schedule for the completion of each stage. You will also be responsible for coordinating projects with our team and our clients.
Start date: To be determined
Job status: Permanent
Work schedule: Full time, 40 hours/week
- Manage evaluation activities in consultation with the Production Manager (PM).
- Validate evaluations with the Project Controller (PCO)
- Write proposals (with PCO)
- Follow up on proposals
- Develop and maintain risk matrices
- Define measurable objectives with clients
- Perform start-up activities (with RFP)
- Plan and track project activities (with PCO)
- Handle client requests, coordinate and communicate with clients (with PCO / DP)
- Manage customer expectations and resolve issues (with PCO / PD)
- Plan, allocate and track tasks on a daily basis (with PD)
- Communicate budget and time variances (with PCO / PD)
- Ensure that the objectives of each deliverable are met
- Coordinate the transition of deliverables to clients
- Process billable hours for projects (with PCO)
- Coordinate close-out activities and implementation of corresponding targeted corrective actions (with PCO / PD)
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in project management, computer science, business informatics or software engineering or any other combination of relevant education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, computer science, business informatics or software engineering or any other combination of relevant training and experience.
- Strong listening skills to understand the issues related to projects and be able to propose solutions that take into account the satisfaction and needs of the client and the reality of the production team.
- Have a positive attitude and act as a facilitator within the teams.
- Provide sound leadership to internal and external resources in order to mobilize them to achieve project objectives.
- Be able to clearly establish expectations, roles and responsibilities while holding each resource accountable for the deliverables assigned to them.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and influence.
- Act as an ambassador of the agile method within the organization and with clients, stay abreast of best practices in project management and participate in the evolution of tools and processes.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and thoroughness to produce high quality work.
- Versatility, autonomy and ability to work under pressure on several files in parallel.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
What you need to know before applying:
CyberCat is a recognized leader in the development and implementation of custom mobile and web applications. We design custom solutions that contribute to the success of a wide range of businesses. For nearly 25 years, CyberCat’s multi-disciplinary team has been creating custom applications that support and enhance our clients’ productivity and growth.
Fully privately held, growing and enjoying an excellent reputation and financial health, our goal is to remain the best business partner for our clients and an exemplary employer for our team. CyberCat has always been visionary (and yes! we started in mobility in 1999 on PalmOS) and has been able to attract renowned clients such as Quincaillerie Richelieu, SAQ, Commonwealth Plywood, Sinto, Ameublement Tanguay, Maibec, Pâtisserie Michaud, etc. on complex and strategic mandates.
Here is what awaits you:
Be part of a team of 28 passionate individuals whose primary objective is to deliver concrete projects that address real customer challenges. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team including a programmer, UX/UI strategist, functional analyst, organic analyst, support analyst, technical director, applying an Agile method with the constant support of a production manager.
At CyberCat, we believe in teamwork, in telecommuting or face-to-face with the respect of the health instructions of the day (Covid-19), in the choice of workstation (Mac, Linux or Windows), in the rigor, in a very competitive salary, in the flexibility of the work schedule, in the social involvement and in the fact that the pleasure of working is a necessity in order to remain creative and performing.
Our modern offices offer ergonomic chairs and desks (ask us how to work standing up!), exceptional lighting, rooms dedicated to formal and informal meetings, a rest area, a large cafeteria, refreshments included, an excellent coffee machine, indoor bike parking and a shower. All easily accessible from both the south and north shores, at the corner of Henri IV and Hamel with easy and free parking including 2 exclusive CyberCat electric car terminals.